Aeronca 50-C 'Chief'
Donated by Conrad & Theresa Peterson
Completed on August 6, 1938, this is the original prototype of about 2,000 Aeronca Chiefs produced before and after World War II. It was slightly larger and faster than its predecessor, the "K" model, and was designed to be a light sport and utility airplane with more comfort, range and instrumentation than was available at the time. It was powered with a Continental A 50 engine. The plane carried two people plus 40 lbs. of baggage.