Westinghouse J34 Cutaway
The J34, Westinghouse's second successful jet engine, was developed in the late 1940's and was an enlarged version of their J30. It produced twice as much thrust, at 3,000 lbs., as the J30 whith later models producing as much as 4,9000 lbs. of thrust with the addition of an afterburner.
Built during a time of rapid jet engine development, it was used often as an interim engine and was sometimes fitted to aircraft as a supplement to other powerplants.
This engine is located in the Military Hangar near the tail of the Grumman F-14.