Wright Aeronautical R-2600-13
In 1935 the Wright Aeronautical Division of Curtiss-Wright began work on a more powerful version of their R-1820. The R-2600, twin-row radial was the result and produced 1,600 hp. It became a widely used engine with over 50,000 produced until it became suerseded by more powerful radials after the end of World War II.
One its more significant applications was in the North American B-25 medium bomber. Other aircraft to use variants of the R-2600 included:
This engine has been restored for installation on the Museum's Burnelli CBY-3 "Loadmaster." It is currently located in the Civilian Hangar on the wall near the DC-3.