General Electric YT58-GE-2A Cutaway
Courtesy of the National Museum of Naval Aviation
Born from a proposal to the U.S. Navy in 1953 for an advanced helicopter engine, the T58 first flew in February, 1957 and quickly gained popularity with helicopter manufacturers.
Variants of the the T58 were used in aircraft included:
This engine is located in the Civilian Hangar near the Sikorsky HH-52A.